Our aim at Staley House Care Home is to provide an excellent standard of care to all our residents. Those who live in the home or who come in for respite care should be able to do so in accordance with their own individual requirements and should benefit from the care given. Staley House aims to provide its residents with a secure, relaxed and homely environment in which their care, well-being and comfort is of prime importance.
CORE VALUES OF CARE
All care staff within the home are appropriately qualified to deliver the highest standards of care. A continuous staff training program is implemented to ensure that these high standards are maintained in line with the latest initiatives and developments in care practices as may be laid down in appropriate legislation, regulations and the latest Care Quality Commission guidelines.
Residents shall live in a clean, comfortable and safe environment and be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. Staff are responsive to individual needs and will provide the appropriate degree of care to assure the highest possible quality of life.
To meet these client needs the care services provided are designed to achieve the following objectives:
- A service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain overall quality of life.
- Flexible delivery of care services while respecting each resident’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfillment, and the rights to make informed choices and to take appropriate risks.
- Respect for each resident’s needs and values in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
- Managing and implementing a formal program of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable care needs to be met.
- Making the best use of resources and to maximize value for money.
- Provide written information on procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments.
- Care staff will strive to preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all residents. The resident, their family and friends are involved as much as possible in preparing an individual care plan which assesses the residents needs and capabilities, plans for specific care needs and documents all care and professional help delivered.