Enhanced Quality Framework
The Council/NHS operates an Enhanced Quality Scheme. In order to qualify for the Enhanced Rate the care home provider needs to demonstrate they meet certain criteria (over and above the core contract requirements), i.e.:
- The care home works proactively with the wider community and has organised three or more events over the last twelve months;
- 70% of residents have ‘life stories’ completed within two months of admission;
- 85% of staff are qualified to NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) or above;
- The registered manager is qualified to NVQ level 4 (or equivalent);
- The home has completed the ‘Gold Standard Framework’ or the ‘Six Steps to Success Programme for Care Homes’ for end of life care;
- The home has achieved the Investors in People award to the Silver level or above
Staley House is one of the first residential homes in Tameside to qualify for the Enhanced Framework and our staff are justifiably proud of this achievement.
Care Quality Commission
Staley House was last inspected by CQC in January 2012 and was found to be fully compliant in the areas inspected. The full report is published here.
Investor in People – Silver Award
The home achieved the Silver Investor in People award in July 2012. The award highlights our commitment to staff development and good practises within the organization.
Six Steps Award
In 2012 Staley House was assessed as qualifying for the Six Steps award from the NHS. This programme trains staff to deal with residents as they approach end of life and enables residents to stay in the home rather than going into hospital.